I Am A Writer

Yesterday my friend Lynne (who really is a writer - http://www.lynnehartke.com/) posted that even in her business of the next few weeks she was going to participate in a 15 day writing challenge.  My first thought "wow, I wish I could find time to do that".  My second thought "I am going to join her and we can be accountable to each other in our businesses".  So that is what I am going to do over the next 15 days but I'm really wanting to push myself to do something for "myself".

Today's challenge is Declare you’re a writer.  Wow, I have to actually say that out loud in front of all of you?  OK.  I'm a writer.  I do love to write and to share and to express myself.  I cannot tell you how many times starting as a teenager I would write things down either a list, a play a funny thing that had happened.  I remember as a child of I think 7, I sent a letter to the Editor of my local small town newspaper on some federal holiday because the court house had not raised the American Flag on their flag pole.  I remember how excited I was to see that 5 sentence letter in the paper.  My mother cut it out and it's around my house somewhere, probably with the 100s of pictures slowing curling around themselves in a box.  My first attempt at public writing.


I started blogging because I became so passionate about a situation that I could just not hold it in.  I named my blog My Rambling Thoughts because my postings are not about anything specific.  Just my ramblings. ahhhhh.  I write to my children about how I feel because maybe I don't want to show my raw emotions in front of them.  I write when I see some injustice in the world because I don't want to be one of those angry American's spouting out prejudices and anti discriminations.  I write when I don't want to talk but have important information to share.  


I am becoming quite anxious about this challenge now to see where the topics lead us and just exactly what I will say about them  Yes, I am a writer.

Comments

  1. Wheeee! Good for you, Kathy! Yes among lesson plans and little kiddos and too much day and not enough time, you are a writer. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How We Were Almost Arrested in France

This is How I Feel

Can I have Puppy