6 Years Ago Today

As we are finishing up preparations for tomorrow's surgery I couldn't help but remember 6 years ago when Joe was preparing to leave the hospital after a 21 day stay.  Most of those days we were not sure he would ever leave.  It was not a good time but in the end the chemo did it's work and killed all of those cancer cells.  Well, at least for 6 years.  Fast forward - the family flu turned out to be anything but that and came out of nowhere and totally blindsided us.  Back then, as now, I try to communicate with family and friends so that they know what is going on with Joe.  Those 21 days in 2007 I emailed daily - sometimes more than once a day.  Those emails were a release of my fears, my thoughts, my unspoken words.

I know that we could not have gotten through this experience in 2006 - 2007 nor this time since August without our friends and family.  You have been there for us with prayers, love, meals, visits, cards, flowers, taxi service, hugs and support.  We are not done yet.  Joe still has a healing process to go thru.  Chemo is very hard and takes time to recover from.  This surgery will help with that healing because he won't be having the coughing and pain from that little tiny tear in the lung cavity.

Then, as now, a song keeps running through my mind.  There's A Light at End of This Tunnel
(click the link above to watch the video).

I won't pretend to know what you're thinking
I can't begin to know what you're going through
I won't deny the pain that you're feeling
But I'm gonna try and give a little hope to you

Just remember what I've told you
There's so much you're living for

[Chorus]
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
Shinin' bright at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you

So keep holdin' on

You've got your disappointments and sorrows
You ought to share the weight of that load with me
Then you will find that the light of tomorrow
It brings a new life for your eyes to see

So remember what I've told you
There's so much you're living for


Then, as now, this song says it so perfectly that it's almost as if they are in my mind.  






Comments

  1. Thinking of you and Joe and kiddos tomorrow and as Joe recovers. Much prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How We Were Almost Arrested in France

This is How I Feel

Can I have Puppy