Everything Changes

Time Marches On  <----Click Me

Today, well tomorrow actually, my life will make some changes once again.  9 months ago I accepted a part time job at my church and while I LOVE working there I just don't feel it's where God wants me right now.  It was not without much prayer, thought and discussion with my husband that I came to this decision.  Some of the things that helped me come to this:

1.  The look on Kaitlin's face when I said "I can't pick you up today after school.  Can you get a ride".  While I'm sure it was no big hardship for her boyfriend to bring her home, it wasn't her mommy.  I have always enjoyed taking my daughters to and from school.  That's quality time for us to talk without any disruptions.

2.  Saying to Julie "call me when you get home and are in the house".  Why should she call me.  I should be there!  Not that I think she minded, but I did.  That's not what I saw for my children - coming home to an empty house.

3.  There are so many areas that I want to volunteer my time that working seemed to prohibit.  I know that's kinda opposite on how volunteering is supposed to be but that's where my heart is.  Part of volunteering will be at my church.  Ironic, isn't it.

 I am very fortunate that I do not have to work outside the home and while the money I was making was fun to have - work and money will be there after my girls go off to college.  They won't need me then.  wink wink.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Were Almost Arrested in France

This is How I Feel

Can I have Puppy